Everyone who was at #TrailHeadDX might have heard about the Salesforce new packaging feature. It's quite a hard nut to crack, but this is something anticipated for a very long time. And this will fundamentally facelift the entire packaging process by letting us think in a more modular approach.
It will enforce modularity within business process perimeters. This will help large orgs with a lot of business process to reduce the complexity of dependency.
This functionality is built right on the Salesforce DX and right now this is a pilot feature. But don't wait for it be live, jump on it and start understanding and adapt it to your scenarios. As a part of the pilot, these are the features that will come out of the box
- Ability to define multiple packages in a single namespace
- Implement feature branch development and testing
- Simultaneous deployment of multiple packages
- More Granular control of the deployment process using pre- and post-install scripts
- Develop packages that are modular and not tightly coupled on the Org
- Dependencies can be quickly resolved
As Feature Management is a part of the new packaging process. I will have a quick intro here
Feature flipping might be a reality soon :)
Using the Feature Console you will be able to enable an active feature in the Org.
TrailHead Talk - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z11co_ZqUH8