Notes – Closed Beta
It’s quick and easy. No more Post-its and third-party text apps. Capture your thoughts in just a few steps.
- It’s optimized for sales. Keep your notes private or relate them to multiple Salesforce records of nearly any type. You can even create tasks right from your notes!
- It’s cross-platform. Whether you’re on a phone, tablet, or desktop, it’s easy to create, view, and search notes right from within Salesforce.
Custom Person Object
- The Custom Person Object feature allows Salesforce admins and developers to create custom objects that are People. The feature differs from custom object in that there are additional standard fields (names and addresses) and the object will behave more like a Person for certain platform features (i.e. Activity Who, ability to email a Custom Person Object)
- Model People for a business requirement, and that business requirement can't be met by using Contacts, Leads, or Person Accounts
Opportunity Territory Assignment
- In Spring '15 release, we will be delivering opportunity territory management capability within Enterprise Territory Management module in sales cloud:
- Manually assign one territory to an opportunity
- Ability to define custom logic via APEX class to assign one territory to an opportunity
- Opportunity territory id exposed in opportunity list view, reports
Wave Sales Analytics App
- Sales Analytics app is powered by the Analytics Cloud
- Our goal is to get Sales leaders up and running with some of the best practices and KPIs to manage their business
- The pilots are going to test/validate the deployment, content, usage, and overall satisfaction of our product.
Forecast Delegation API
- Share forecasts with specific sales managers and representatives, so that they can view, adjust, and report on the forecasts you share with them. When you share your forecasts, the teammates with whom you share have privileges similar to you, the forecast owner. Those teammates can see forecast amounts and adjust the amounts of your immediate subordinates. If the rollup includes opportunities with fields your teammates don’t have access to, there are limits to what they can see in the opportunity list.
- This feature is only available via API. UI is on the roadmap.
Work.com Enhanced Goals
- Standard, platform user interface that looks, feels and acts like Salesforce:
- Customizable fields, layouts, list views, actions, etc.
- Rename-able objects and tabs
- Standard Salesforce sharing
- Localized and Internationalized • Additional Enhancements:
- Salesforce1 support for create, view, update and delete
- Activities on metrics
- Granular sharing on metrics
- Ability to assign goals and metrics
- Ability to clone goals and metrics
- Goals can be categorized (using custom fields)
Work.com Enhanced Goals
- We changed the way you follow people and records in Chatter to make your Chatter feed more interesting and relevant.
- In this pilot, the content in the News Feed will change. Instead of following what gets posted to a person's wall, you will follow the actions of people you follow.
Support for Mobile Device Management(MDM) for Salesforce1 and custom mobile apps
- Includes various mobile application controls that can be managed via MDM providers.
- Useful for a customer who is working with a MDM vendor and has at least one the following requirements:
- Use of certificate-based authentication flow for SSO
- Allow authentication on managed devices only
- Per-app VPN support for tunneling all web traffic
- Remote configuration of custom hosts for authentication C
- Controlling copy-paste content from Salesforce mobile applications
- OS Requirements: iOS 8.0+ and Android Lollipop+ Mobile Flows
- Distribute a Flow via the S1 Action Bar and enable users to launch a flow from their mobile devices! Service Cloud/Communities
Live Agent Conference
- Chat conferencing lets your agents include multiple agents in a single chat, helping your customers get the solutions they need
- If an agent needs extra help solving a customer's problem, the agent can now invite additional agents to join the chat without disrupting the flow of the conversation with their customers.
- Instead of transferring the chat to another agent who may or may not be able to solve the customer's problem, agents can work together in the same chat to assist customers more efficiently.
- Supervisors can also monitor chat conferences, just as they can monitor normal chats.
Purpose: Omni-channel presence & push lets contact centers send any type of work to the best, available agent
Audience: Service Cloud administrators, supervisors, and agents
Omni-channel Service Presence, Routing, & Push
Omni-channel Service Presence, Routing, & Push lets contact centers send any type of work to their agents.
- Contact centers can manage priorities, capacities, and availability so that agents receive work – rather than having to pull it from queues. This removes the ability for agents to arbitrarily pick-and-choose work and eliminates the need for a contact center manager to triage and dispatch work. Work is served to the best, available agent in real time.
Social Customer Service Google+/Sina Weibo
•Support Social Customer Service (SCS) for Google+/Sina Weibo
- Similar Cases returns a list of the most similar cases within your Salesforce organization for a given Case
- The feature uses a complex search that leverages text analytics on the Case Subject and Description fields and the Case Comment Body field to find similar cases
Knowledge - Feedback Management
- The Knowledge "Feedback Management" pilot is for an App Exchange pilot that works with article feedback submitted through Knowledge Feed using a specific hash tag. The purpose of this package is to provide a means of collecting feedback submitting through Chatter Feed on articles and storing it so it can be assigned and status can be tracked.
- Please note that this will be release as an unmanaged App Exchange package.
- With SOS, companies can now deliver immediate, personalized and contextual mobile support on the devices and platforms their customers use everyday! In one click, mobile customers can connect to an agent via video chat and in-app screen-share. Community Case Feed
- Customers can now use the same feed agents use to collaborate with customers rather than relying on separate case comments and attachment objects. Specifically, with the Spring release there are a few primary areas changed with the community case feed:
- New elements for the Napili service community template have been added so the post publisher and case feed can be used on the case detail page.
- The e-mail feed item in the case now has the ability to be set as visible or non-visible to external users with access to the case. By default, e-mails sent to or from the case contact will be visible to external users and other w-mails will not be visible.
- E-mail notifications to the case contact are now sent whenever a new post is published to a case that is visible to external users.
- Additional capabilities will be introduced in the coming releases to expand support for other feed items and improve the agent and customer experience when working with the community case feed Communities Lightning Component
- The Communities Lightning Component Pilot program is intended for developers that want to expose custom Lightning components on out-of-the-box service templates with Site.com and Community Builder
- Custom Lightning components enable developers to further extend the out of the box functionality of the templates by having reusable elements that can be placed on the pages of the community to surface data and provide additional functionality.
- Salesforce Developers that have built custom Lightning components for use cases that work with the out of the box service templates (Napili, Koa, Kokua, etc.)
- Platform Encryption adds another layer of data protection by offering new native platform encryption and key management features
- Your data is encrypted at rest and features comply with industry standards. The features allow you to protect data at a more granular level while still allowing users to perform necessary tasks. You can: – Encrypt files and attachments. – Encrypt certain standard and custom fields. – Use an advanced security key management system.
- For example, Platform Encryption can help address some concerns about protecting confidential information by preventing sensitive data to reside in clear, decipherable form and by allowing you to manage your tenant secrets. Login Forensics
- Login Forensics provides enterprise security with the ability to perform forensic reports on their users to validate their legitimacy.
Pilot features include:
- API First: API first enables you to build your own integrations to DLP (Data Loss Prevention) and other Business Intelligence systems like Splunk.
- Extensible Login Events: Whether it’s through the web, desktop, mobile, or API-backed application using Connected Apps, Administrators can easily track who the user is using any number of simple-to-understand attributes like their browser, computing platform, and IP address, as well as your own, using HTTP Headers and JSON-based fields.
- Automated Roll-Up Metrics: Every hour, login events are rolled up into metrics which can be kept on the platform for long periods of time in order to more easily discover that needle in the haystack without combing through large amounts of log data. Big Objects
- BigObjects are a new kind of non-transaction object in Salesforce that is optimized for extremely large row-count - in the order or billions of rows. With a set of targeted functionality BigObjects have of course limitations compared to SObjects
- BigObjects are ideally suited for use cases that require ingest of read-only data from external systems, log files, point-of-sale data, connected product event data, clickstream data, etc. Data Archive
- Archive objects are designed to be read only, with a fixed schema that can accept multiple writes orchestrated via standard Apex insert calls. Archive objects can created via the MdAPI and can be created at will outside the custom object count limit while availing of unlimited storage capabilities. Data Pipeline
- With Batch Apex, a developer can employ batch Apex to build complex, long-running processes on the Force.com platform.
- For example, a developer could build an archiving solution that runs on a nightly basis, looking for records past a certain date and adding them to an archive. Or a developer could build a data cleansing operation that goes through all Accounts and Opportunities on a nightly basis and updates them if necessary, based on custom criteria. Sandstorm - Full
- Sandstorm is the new sandbox copy architecture that will replace the current sandbox copy engine.
- From a UI standpoint, there will be one minor change for full sandbox copies the user will be able to select the copy engine to complete the copy.
- Goal is faster ‘Processing’ state and therefore faster turnaround of the queue Improved Visualforce PDF
- Improved Visualforce functionality to create PDFs (additional character types, character types, etc.)
Version Control (Coolest of All)
- Track and Manage Org Changes to improve developer productivity
- Provide a Local Repository to persist Versions
- Track Additions, Mtodifications and Deletions
- Reset Local changes to last Saved Version
- Save Versions to Local Repository
- Compare differences between Versions
•Enable your entire team to keep track of user stories, bugs, reports, and more from within Salesforce •Connect user stories and bugs to CRM cases and accounts •SF1 enabled! • Define: – Scrum Teams – Sprints – Work Records – Tasks – View Unified Wall
- Deploy code and components to your production organization and run a specified subset of tests without having to run all the tests in your organization.
- Using Fast Deploy, you can reduce deployment time, especially if your organization contains a large number of Apex tests
- The tests to run must cover each Apex class and trigger in the deployment package at a minimum of 75%. This coverage percentage is computed for each class and trigger individually. Custom Platform / Custom Metadata Types
- Platform developers commonly use standard metadata types, such as List Custom Settings or Custom Objects, to define configurations and create reusable app components and features. However, since these entities' records are data rather than metadata, they cannot be packaged, deployed, upgraded, and customized in a manageable way.
- Create your own declarative developer frameworks for internal teams, partners, and customers. Rather than building apps from data, which requires the development of complex management and deployment processes and tools, you can build apps defined and driven by their own types of metadata. Custom Platform / Custom Metadata Types
- A few custom metadata types can accomplish what now takes tens of thousands of lines of code.
- Writing fewer custom deployment tools speeds development by 20% or more.U • Upgrading installed apps is up to 50% faster.
- Get up and running in minutes with Event Monitoring and Wave!!
- Pre-configured dashboards and lenses that help a new Event Monitoring customer to explore and understand the operational health of their organization. Walkthrough Authoring for Customers
- Many Admins in larger implementations spend a lot of time training and supporting their users with tools like videos, ppt, pdfs, and giant word docs, but those take tons of time to create and go stale when they make changes such as reorganizing the page layout.
- Walkthroughs empower admins to create custom in app training which they can distribute to their end users via a link.
- Once enabled, Admins can create new walkthroughs by clicking through the app and adding text to the callouts, and publishing the links to go live. They can then share those links via email, training docs, or in Chatter to reduce support burden and ramp up both new and existing users on best practices and new processes.
Asynchronous Deletion of Obsolete Shares
- Manual and team shares for sharing operations are deleted during off-peak hours to minimize your waiting time. Many sharing operations have an immediate impact on the visibility of records within the system.
- Deleting a group, for example, immediately revokes any access granted to that group via sharing rules or manual shares. However, if the group itself is deleted and has no members, any remaining shares to those groups grant no access. This new feature allows these obsolete shares to be removed asynchronously, and administrators no longer have to wait for those shares to be deleted before continuing with other operations....
APEX Connector Framework
- Currently SFDC provided some standard external data source connectors such as SharePoint Connector and OData Connector
- This pilot program provides an APEX software development framework allowing customer to develop their own external data connector in APEX. They can created applications in Salesforce.com that can connect back to their own proprietary data sources and consume the data in the form of SFDC external objects.
Salesforce Desktop - Full
* Free desktop application that lets you access your Salesforce data and feed without a browser. * Use Salesforce Desktop to view records, share updates and post comments in Chatter, and receive notifications about the groups, people, records, and files you follow. * Enable popup notifications to view feed updates in your Windows taskbar or Mac OS X Dock * No longer is built on Adobe Air - uses S1 mobile web!
Flexible API Limit
- Enables customer to exceed their daily limit by 50% if the health in the appropriate data center location permits it.
- Impacted Limits: – SOAP/REST API Requests – Bulk API Requests – Streaming API Events
- No change is required for your code. Simply continue to use the APIs as normal and your org will be permitted to exceed your limit (by 50%) if conditions are healthy.
- Customers can check the current status of their limits with the following REST API call: GET /vXX.X/limits/. Flexible Limits applies to the following values in the /vXX.X/limits call: – REST/SOAP API Requests: DailyApiRequests – Bulk API Requests: DailyBulkApiRequests – Streaming API Events: DailyStreamingApiEvents – Generic Streaming API Events: DailyGenericStreamingApiEvents
- Doc Link: https://developer.Salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apirest.meta/apirest/resources_limits.htm
- The /vXX.X/limits call is available in all Developer orgs and in orgs enabled for the Flexible Limits Pilot.
Lightning App Builder Developer Pilot
- Limited access pilot for testing advanced features under development for consideration in future releases of the Lightning App Builder.
- This pilot is for developers looking to extend the App Builder's capabilities.
For interest in any pilot, please contact your Success Manager or Success Architect